Monday, November 18, 2013

It's Chili Time!


Yesterday was a horribly stormy day here and around the Midwest. I was out of ground beef and had to head to the grocery store. This particular store used to be my go to until I discovered Woodmans. I only shop at my old store on emergencies. For good reason ground beef was $3.79/lb! With the little package I had, I still divided up into 2 portions and froze one of them. I also had some sourdough bread bowls on hand but this simple chili tastes good in any bowl and no long cooking. This comes together in under 30 minutes. Feel free to add any veggies you like. Sometimes I add green pepper.

Easy Pleasy Chili

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion diced
1 large can stewed tomatoes diced
2 small cans tomato soup
4 small cans water
1 can Bush's chili beans in medium sauce
1 can red kidney beans drained
2 cups cut spaghetti noodles cooked and drained (optional)
2 TBSP chili powder
1 tsp salt
5-6 dashes hot sauce (optional)

Brown the ground beef and onion together in a large soup pot. Break up the meat with your spoon but leave some larger bites. Add the stewed tomatoes and juice and let simmer for a few minutes. Add cans of tomato soup, the beans, the water and the spices, ingredients and let simmer for 25 minutes on low. Taste for seasoning and salt. Before serving add the noodles and stir.  Serve topped with your favorite cheese and sour cream. Tastes even better on the second day.


No comments:

Post a Comment