Saturday, November 9, 2013

HP Warm Your Walls Party Food


11x16 photo canvas in the center
My HP "Warm Your Walls Party" is tomorrow. I started prepping the desserts today. I will update this blog as I make the food. This party is from Houseparty.com which is a place you sign up to host parties. There is nothing to buy, you just need to invite 10 friends and tell them about a new product. In this case it was the new HP photo service featured at Wal-marts where you can make your own picture products such as canvas pictures, cards, calendars, and more.

Here is the first thing I am making, mini s'mores cheesecakes. I got the idea from the Kraft site. I however did not have the marshmallow fluff I discovered when I tried to make the cheesecakes. So if you can, buy the jarred. It will save you some time. I also used mini cupcake tins. Save yourself some time also by buying mini cupcake wrappers.

The Fluff:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
a candy thermometer
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 TBSP vanilla

Mix the water and the sugar and bring to a boil with the candy thermometer in it. The temp. needs to get up to 240 degrees (the soft ball stage) Give it a stir to make sure the sugar is dissolved.
In a clean glass bowl, whip the egg whites with an electric blender and add the cream of tartar. Beat until you have soft peaks. Once the sugar comes to temperature, add to the side of the egg whites while continuing to mix. Add the vanilla and beat for 4 minutes. The hot sugar will kill any bacteria. You can use the marshmallow fluff in any recipe calling for jarred marshmallows.


The Crust
3/4 cup gram crackers crushed
1/4 cup butter
1 TBSP sugar
1/2 cup crushed pecans

Heat the butter in the microwave for 45 secs. Add to the graham crackers, pecan, and sugar. Use a tea spoon to press into the bottom of each muffin tin. Set aside.

 The Cream Cheese Part

1 pkg. cream cheese softened
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Hershey chocolate syrup
1 jar marshmallow fluff or make your own
1/2 cup marshmallows

Combine the cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. Spoon over the crusts. top with chocolate chips and a few marshmallows. Remove from the tins and freeze until ready to serve. Top with Hershey syrup and enjoy!

Yield; 24 mini cheese cakes
Note: I also used a tea spoon to pop the cheese cakes out of the tin.

Update; My party was a lot of fun. We ate pulled pork sandwiches on dinner rolls with  baked beans. For dessert I had a hot chocolate station. I heated up the milk in a crock pot. I had a ladle, hot chocolate packets, and marshmallows waiting. It was perfect to get into the holiday mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment