Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Finally a Zucchini Cake Recipe I Like and More Crock Pot Lasgana


I am always looking for new recipes for zucchini cake and found one on a blog named "Simply Recipes." I was surprised this recipe didn't have as much baking powder as in the previous recipe I had used. It actually had double the baking soda. The end result was a delicious, moist cake. It was good for me but bad for the hubby's blood sugar. At least I know this cake will be safe. No joke, my hubby ate about 8 slices of the last cake I made by himself. This recipe put his blood sugar well over 200 but I am sure we could substitute Splenda next time.

I also made crock pot lasagna with zucchini. Instead of adding ricotta, I used cottage cheese. This was a good alternative in a pinch. I made the zucchini into planks and fried them with some EVOO until translucent. I alternated the zucchini  in between the lasagna layers. This way, I only ended up using 3 ready cook lasagna noodles.  http://tinkmomfoodie-foodobsession.blogspot.com/2011/08/crock-pot-lasagna-and-neverending-walk.html

Grandma;s Zucchini Cake

2 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon and 1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup veggie oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups zucchini pressed between paper towels
1 cup walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Cream Cheese Frosting
3 oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup butter room temp.
1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 and butter a 9x13 Pyrex. Mix all the ingredients with a mixer and pour into the baking dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out with no batter while inserted into the center. Let cool before attempting to frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment