Thursday, August 8, 2013

Yelp! Generous Pour at Capital Grille

I admit I don't know much about wine. Here was the perfect opportunity for me to learn at the Milwaukee Yelp! Elite event held at Capital Grille 8/7. For those of you that are not aware, yelp.com is a place where you can check out your local restaurants that aren't voted on by critics but everyday people like you and I.  It is not only a place for foodies, but a place to rate and check out new local businesses. (and it's free!)

 My GPS is constantly getting me lost and yesterday was no exception. The building housing the Capital Grille is is kitty corner from Grand Avenue mall and boast bronze lions at it's entrance. There are many locals of this restaurant. Most notably in our nations Capitol. There is also free complementary parking at the Grille which is a bonus for the busy downtown local. The interior was sort of dark and manly but also had a elegant look to it. The kitchen is open to view by the diners. I know the menu must be pricey because there are none listed. I did know however the generous pour costs $25.00 and is paired to your dinner selection.

We were corralled into a side room and greeted cheerfully from our friend and Milwaukee representative Rachel. She remembered me after only meeting me a few times which I was very impressed with. There were some stand around tables and I met a lot of  Yelpers!  We started off with an Asti which I think was my favorite. It's something I usually only drink on New Years. It was to awaken our palate.

Our knowledgeable wine expert was very funny and took us through 7 different wines along with some food parings. We had scallops with a succotash, Earl-Grey ahi tuna, figs with a jelly on a crustini, steak and onions on a crustini, and an assortment of cheeses.

All and all it was a fun event and a chance to meet new people. I very rarely get out and this was a great learning opportunity for me. I didn't feel dumb for asking questions and everyone was very approachable. I think this would make a great special event restaurant for my hubby and I .


No comments:

Post a Comment