Thursday, August 29, 2013

Chicken and Rice Bake


I love that commercial "Set it..and forget it."  This is the case with this easy oven chicken and rice. I think I finally found the right proportion of rice to liquid baking this in the oven. We love rice here! I had planned on having it for lunch but my third shift hubby ate all the leftovers for breakfast!

Butter a 9x13 baking dish. Add 1 1/2 cups long grain rice. Mix one can of Campbells cream of chicken soup and 2 cups water (generally the ratio is two cups water to one cup rice but you will be ok with the soup added)

Season and place one boneless skinless chicken breast per person on top of the rice. Cover dish with foil . Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Check chicken for doneness at the 45 minute mark. I mix the rice to make sure the soup is distributed and season again with salt. And there you have it! Oven chicken and rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment