Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crock Pot Boneless Ribs in a Tomato Sauce Over Noodles

I have been so busy with school, my sick daughter, and working that I hardly have time to think! I threw this recipe in the crockpot right before I left for work and set it on high. All my hubby had to do was make the noodles. The only change I am making to this recipe is I think next time I will add some tomato paste for a more concentrated tomato flavor.

Sorry the image came out a bit blurry on this one:
Boneless Ribs in Tomato Sauce

2 Boneless Spare Ribs per person
1/2 lb baby carrots
1/2 onion diced
2 ribs celery chopped
1/2 c. beef broth
1 can tomato sauce (18oz)
a few dashes Worcestershire sauce
2 TBSP tomato paste
2 TBSP flour
2 TBSP butter
egg noodles for serving

Add all ingredients up to the tomato past in the crock pot being sure to season the ribs with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Before you are ready to serve add the butter and flour to a pan and whisk until light brown. Drain the sauce from the ribs and add to the flour and butter. Use a whisk to stir out the lumps. Let sauce thicken and add back to the ribs in the crock pot. With two forks shred the rib meat. I did this right in the crock pot. Spoon the sauce over the noodles and season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment