Thursday, March 1, 2012

Review of Sandwich King's Meatball Sandwich

There is a new show on the Food Network in it's second season called "The Sandwich King."  He boasts he can make any meal into a sandwich. I have tried his chicken and mole torta and loved it. I decided to give this one a go. You can get the full recipe on the foodnetwork.com.

I had to reduce the recipe a bit and I made it on my indoor Hamilton Beach grill. The sandwich is like a meal because it has huge portions.

Here is how I made the meatball sandwiches
1 lb ground chuck
1/2 cup Romano cheese shreds
3 eggs
2 TBSP chopped parsley
1/2 c. Panko Bread crumbs
Italian seasoning
salt and pepper
6 Chibatta or Bolero rolls
6 slices Provolone cheese
Jarred Jardiniere
Spaghetti Sauce of your choice

I made these on my indoor Hamilton Beach grill. It saves on time and on cleaning. It took about 10 minutes that way. I like it because it cooks both sides at once. The flavor was amazing. I didn't add the red peppers but that was just my personal preference.

Add all the ingredients through the salt and pepper in a large bowl. The author suggests using 3 lbs of meat and using the excess for meatballs to freeze. I only used one lb. of meat and made 6 huge patties. Mix the meat mixture and form into patties that will fit your buns. Pan fry until cooked through. Add the Provolone and place on the buns. Add the cheese.  Broil until cheese is melted. Add two table spoons of sauce and the Jardiniere to each burger.

I loved this one and it is a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment