Sunday, January 20, 2013

Review of Baked Omelet Roll Special Breakfast Day





I am always looking for recipes that make my life a bit easier. I got this one from Allrecipes.com for a Baked Omelet Roll. The recipe called for me to blend the ingredients of 6 eggs, 1 cup milk  1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper.  I thought I could get away with using a whisk, but alas, I had to put it in the blender with some green and red pepper.


After a quick pulse, I added the eggs to a buttered jelly roll pan and baked it in the oven at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Here is where I had the problem. The eggs were probably done after 10 minutes so be sure to check in on your eggs often. Around the last 5 minutes I added the cheese. (Surprise! My kids ate all the shredded cheese!)

I brought it out of the oven and let it cool for a minute or so. I used a spatula to loosen the eggs from the pan and gave another sprinkle of salt. I then rolled the eggs into a spiral starting at the short end and tucking it under until I had a roll. I made pinwheel sized eggs for my daughter and cut the remaining portions in half for my husband and I.

In general, I liked the recipe. My only suggestion is to watch the cooking time and use a knife to puncture any air bubbles. It was fast with not much mess.
out of the oven
beginning of the roll

completed roll

No comments:

Post a Comment