Saturday, September 15, 2012

Potato Nachos

This one came to me through allrecipes.com. I just went shopping and I know I have things to make. However, both kids weren't home and I didn't want to waste a big meal. This recipe was for potato nachos. The potatoes are thinly sliced and browned in the oven while the toppings come together in a flash.


Potato Nachos (for 2)
                                                                                       
2 large potatoes
1 can of pinto beans drained or bean of your choice
1/2 cup cheddar
2 TBSP oil
sea salt
1 avocado smashed into guacamole
1 lbs ground beef browned and drained
taco seasoning
water per package directions
lettuce (if you desire)
sour cream (optional also)

Dredge the potatoes in the oil and line on a baking sheet. Give a pinch of sea salt. Bake in a pre-heated 450 oven for 20 minutes. It helps to have the potatoes a uniform thickness.

While that's baking, brown the ground beef and add the taco seasoning and beans. I drain my ground beef at least 3 times before adding the taco seasoning.

When the potatoes are cooked through, place on a plate and top with your favorite nacho toppings.
I am a total potato freak and loved this!

No comments:

Post a Comment