Saturday, September 8, 2012

"Mom I'm Hungry": Mozzarella Cheese Sticks

I have been waiting to make these all week when my daughter came up to me about 8 at night and asked me if I could make her fried cheese sticks. I was going to use them as a side but throughout the week my cheese stick pack had been raided. I was left with 8 cheese sticks. This is a an easy way to make those yummy cheese sticks you get in famous restaurants. They can be served with your favorite marinara sauce.

Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
1 Pkg. egg roll wrappers (usually found in the veggie section)
12 wrapped Mozzarella sicks unwrapped
1 cup water for sealing
Canola oil for frying
spaghetti sauce for dipping

lay the stick length wise

roll the Mozzarella stick up in the wrapper 2 times

fold in the sides burrito style and continue wrapping. Use water to seal sides.
fry seam side down for 3-5 minutes until brown. Drain on paper towels.

The cheese sticks will be very hot! Drain on paper towels. I cover them with towels and flip them over so the oil can drain from both sides. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce. 


No comments:

Post a Comment