Friday, May 15, 2015

Crock Pot Adobo Chicken Wings


My friend George posted this recipe the other day and it looked yummy! Filipino Adobo Chicken. It's got vinegar for acidity and some soy sauce which makes for a rich sauce.

Adobo Chicken Wings

3lbs defrosted chicken wings
3 cloves garlic
2 bay leaves
1 1/2 cup vinegar
2 tsp. black pepper
3/4 cup soy sauce
2 medium potatoes cut into chunks (optional)

I defrosted a bag of chicken wings and broiled them on a tin foil lined pan for 25 minutes. This helps brown the chicken and prevents it from falling apart in the crock pot. I added the soy sauce and vinegar along with two bay leafs. I also threw in 2 tsp pepper and some salt. I put the entire thing on high in the crockpot for three hours. I poured the sauce out and reduced it on the stove to about half. I served the chicken over white rice. The family loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment