Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tarragon Chicken Breasts

I was pretty lucky when I went to my Curves workout this morning. One of the trainers had a overabundance of fresh Tarragon. I love Tarragon. It goes the best with chicken but you can also use it in pestos. Here I used it with some chicken breasts and heavy cream. Delish! This one is a keeper!


You'll need a large frying pan with a cover for this one. I used half and half instead of heavy cream just because that's what I had on hand. It still turned out great!

Tarragon Chicken

4 boneless chicken breasts (one per person)
1 cup white wine
1/2 tsp. salt for seasoning
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
2 tsp. Tarragon or two sprigs
2 TBSP oil for frying
1 tsp minced garlic

In a large frying pan add the oil and brown the chicken breasts on one side for 5 minutes on medium heat. Season each breast with salt and pepper. They are ready to be flipped over when they no longer stick to the pan. Flip the chicken breasts over and add the wine and minced garlic. Cover the pan and continue cooking over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove the breasts from the pan and add the heavy cream and Tarragon. I took my Tarragon and rolled it into a ball and cut it in half. Bring the sauce to just below a boil. Scrape the bottom of the pan to get the good bits off. Add back the chicken until warmed through. Serve with a side of rice and some butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment