Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Catch Up! Peanut Chicken Wraps and Skillet Potatoes

I have been so busy with school and life that I haven't been able to blog as much as I would like. Today I am a making a recipe I made a few weeks ago for Chillies Rellenos. We get credit in my Spanish class if we make a dish. Plus we get to eat like pigs tonight. We have 13 people in the class and had 18 last semester. There was so much food last time that no one went hungry. I will try to snap some pics later on tonight.

In the last few weeks, I have been snapping pictures so I will sit down soon and get them posted:) This is a quick recipe for Peanut Corn Flake Chicken Wraps. I made this chicken recipe a few months ago for a Thai dish and liked it so much I decided to make it into a wrap.

Corn Flake and Peanut Chicken Wraps

1/4 cup smashed peanuts
1 cup or more of Corn Flake crumbs
1 egg beaten
salt, pepper, thyme, garlic or onion salt, Cayenne
12 warmed tortillas
lettuce for dressing
your favorite taco sauce
pinto beans (optional)

Set the oven to 425 degrees. On a paper plate add 1 cup of Corn Flake crumbs, smash up 1/4 cup peanuts, salt,  and pepper. On another plate add one cup of flour a tsp. of Thyme, garlic salt, a pinch of Cayenne, and pepper. Beat an egg and add a splash or two of milk. Beat with a fork and set up a breading station.

I cut three large boneless-skinless chicken breasts into strips. Next use the one dirty hand, one clean hand principle. First roll the chicken in the flour, then into the egg, and into the the Corn Flakes and peanuts. This makes about 25-30 pieces.

Place on  a sprayed cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes flipping half way through. Next place 2-3 pieces in a warmed tortilla and add the fixings of your choice. I added lettuce, a taco sauce sauce,avocado, and  pinto beans. With this I served oven skillet potatoes.

Oven Skillet Potatoes

6 skin on potatoes diced into wedges or cubes
Emerils BAM seasoning
salt and pepper
2 TBSP oil

I started my cast iron skillet on the stove over medium heat and added the potatoes to get a crispy layer going. I seasoned them and added some oil on top to coat them and mixed them together. I  placed them on the lower rack of the oven and baked with the chicken for 25-30 minutes stirring about every 10 minutes. The crust was amazing on these. I also put some of these in my chicken wraps.

They are perfect for Sunday breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment