Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Shooperbowl

Since the Packers are out of the mix, I really don't care who wins the Superbowl. My husband says we are rooting for the Ravens however! For me it's more about watching the commercials and eating! Today I am trying too new recipes. One of my own for Crock pot cranberry jalapeno glazed chicken wings and the other is a Trisha Yearwood recipe for Sausage Hours d' Oeuvres. I will post some pics later.

Cranberry Jalapeno Chicken Wings

3 lbs chicken wings defrosted
1 can of jellied cranberry sauce
1 jalapeno seeded and diced
1/4 c. water

I first took the cranberry sauce, about 1/4 cup water, and the jalapenos, and added them to a medium pot. I used a potato masher to break up the cranberry jell.

Broil the chicken wings for about 5-10 minutes on a tin foiled baking sheet. This helps the wings stick together. Add about 2/3's of the  cranberries and jalapeno over the chicken wings and  cover the wings in the crock pot. Reserve the other 1/2 for when you are ready to serve. The wings produce a lot of liquid which you will have to drain off before serving.  Set on high for 3 hours and check to see that they are cooked through. Drain the wings one last time and use the remaining glaze to coat the wings.  Enjoy!

Sausage Hour d'Oeuvres from Trisha Yearwood
yields 50 sausage balls

1 lb pork sausage (I am using Odoms)
10 ounces cheddar cheese grated
3 cups baking mix or self-rising flour
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine sausage, cheese and baking mix and stir til combined. The mixture resembles the batter for Mexican wedding cake cookies. You think you need some liquid but you are able to form balls in your hand with the sausage dough. Make the sausage into one inch balls and place them on a ungreased baking sheet. Bake until brown or 20 minutes. Spinkle with salt and pepper and serve with your favorite dip.

Notes: I used the self rising flour and they came out a bit dry. I also had a problem with sticking so on the second batch I greased the sheet. Some PAM might also come in handy for browning.

No comments:

Post a Comment