Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"Mom! You Have to Make Me Three Dozen Cupcakes by Tomorrow!"

Toy Story Cupcakes
Who hasn't had to make cupcakes on the spur of the moment? My daughters' birthday was on the 19th but today was her special day at school. I cheated a bit and used a box mix for the first 24 and then discovered I was 6 short. Out came the good ole cup cake recipe. This recipe makes yellow vanilla cupcakes and can also be make into a 9x13 cake. These are the second Disneyesque cupcakes I have attempted from Disneyfamily.com. The first were the Toy Story martian cupcakes last year.

This year I tried the Jack Skellington cupcakes which were more difficult than I would have thought. I think I did ok through the first dozen and then my hand got tired. Here is the cake recipe I used to get me through the rest of the cupcakes.

Vanilla Yellow Cake Mix (makes 24 cupcakes)

2 1/4 c. flour
Jack Skellington Cupcakes
1 1/3 cup sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup veggie oil
1 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs

Set oven to 350 degrees. Use cupcake liners in your tin or spray with PAM. Add all of the dry ingredients in the bowl and then the wet. Use a electric mixer and beat batter for 2-3 minutes scraping the sides. Fill each cupcake liner with a ladle 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crown of the cupcake is a light brown. Cool on a wire rack and frost.
Note: applesauce can be substituted for the oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment