Sunday, June 5, 2011

Getting My Edumacation

I haven't been on in a few days. It seems at the end of the school year life gets really busy. I had to go to my old high school yesterday for some training seminars for my current job. I help take care of children in my chidrens' school and will be working during the summer. Since I am the parent of two none of the information was life shattering of altering. I kinda know the ropes. I have been working with these kids for a year and know what I am doing.

I also recently took the admissions test to get into my local community college. I found out I have all ready met some of the requirments for admission into my program but still have to petition to get in to the phlebotomy program. I am going to be a blood sucker lol
It has been hotter than Hades outside. For the last few days I have been keeping our menu simple. I have been having my hubby grill out almost every night. I always keep boneless chicken breast on hand and recently purchased some Italian sausages in a huge value pack. I divided them into several packets for quick meals. Tonight I may make one of our favorites. Arroz con polo or chicken and rice. It's so filling and I have all the ingredients.

I am headed out the door for my weekend walk with my youngest daughter. I will be packing us a luch to eat at the park. I am also thinking about making a cucumber salad for dinner. Here's how to make it.

Cucumber Salad

2 whole cucumbers diced
1/4 c Miracle whip
salt and pepper
1 TBSP sugar
1/2 onion diced

Stir the Miracle Whip and sugar and place over the cucumbers. Add salt and pepper and give a stir. Let sit for 1-3 hours. Taste for seasoning. Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment